Support the Library
Friends of the Bracebridge Public Library (FOBPL)
Our current Executive:
• President – Colleen Manary
• Vice – President – vacant
• Treasurer – Colleen Manary
• Secretary – Cathryn Rodney
• Membership Chair – Nancy Wilson
• Communications Chair – Allison Cook
• Events Co-Chairs – Joyce Hallworth & Hannah Strand
• Book Nook Chair – Colleen Manary
The Friends of the Bracebridge Public Library (FOBPL) is an independent, not-for-profit registered charity that is made up of volunteers dedicated to supporting the library and its endeavours. The FOBPL Executive meets frequently to organize activities to raise funds for library projects and resources not covered by the annual library budget.
Thanks to of our efforts and continuing success, the Friends have supported:
- New furniture for the Teen area
- New puzzles for the Puzzle Collection
- Autism kits available for patron loan
- Purchasing supplies for the Library’s Santa Claus Parade float
- Children’s Programs summer entertainment
- Prizes for summer reading contests and more!
The Friends holds frequent book sales and operates the Book Nook, located on the main level of the library, where quality, giftable second-hand books are always on sale at great prices. The Friends are also exploring new and exciting avenues of fundraising and promotion.
The FOBPL Executive is made up of a number of positions and requires approximately 1 hour every couple of months for meeting and assisting with special events.
If you are interested in sharing your love of all things library, please consider joining the Friends as a regular member or filling one of our vacant Executive positions.
Our library is one of the cultural heartbeats of our town, and the Friends of the Library look forward to continuing as a vital and dynamic organization and serving as a conduit between our townspeople and the library.
We have on-going volunteer opportunities at the Bracebridge Library. Specific volunteer positions will be posted here as they are needed. If you would like to submit an application to volunteer please complete this form.
Volunteer Positions Currently Available
Youth Advisory Committee
Youth Volunteer Kits
Youth Approved Stories
You may also be interested in volunteering with the Friends of the Library or at their events. Read about them further up this page.
Muskoka Lumber Community Centre
The development of the Muskoka Lumber Community Centre (MLCC) offers a new and exciting opportunity for Bracebridge in creating a new, multi-purpose venue, we are ensuring that our community will have new gathering spaces built to fit their needs for generations. The co-location of facilities and services offers the opportunity for a landmark multi-use community centre, providing the community with a state-of-the-art, multi-generational “social hub” that consolidates community activities and services under one roof.
Other Community Partners
Bracebridge Horticultural Society
The Bracebridge Horticultural Society has been a long-term partner with the Library. Their volunteers are responsible for the lovely gardens that surround the Library at 94 Manitoba Street.
The Bracebridge Horticultural Society also works closely with the Library and provides financial and volunteer support to maintain our Seed Library.
Connect with the Bracebridge Horticultural Society on Facebook to learn more.
The Town of Bracebridge
The Town of Bracebridge works closely with the Library on a variety of levels. From administrative and financial services support to partnering on various events and committees and allowing the Library access to Town parks for programs, we are so thankful for their continued support!
Connect with the Town of Bracebridge to learn more.
The Bracebridge Library is proud to be partnered with Ontario Parks in the loaning of Ontario Parks passes to our members.
Connect with Ontario Parks to learn more.
There are a variety of options available to support your Bracebridge Library
The Bracebridge Library is a vibrant part of the community offering a wide range of collections and services. Your support will help us continue to provide quality services and to respond to the changing needs of our community. The Bracebridge Library Board and staff extend their most sincere gratitude to all of our donors for their support.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Bracebridge Library. Your support for the Library will impact our entire community. Thank you for being an advocate for our Library.
Here’s how you can support the Bracebridge Library:
- One-time financial donation
- A recurring monthly financial donation
- Sponsor a book or magazine subscription.
- Bequests – Through the generosity of those who have remembered the Library in their wills, additions to the collection and special services are possible. Bequests can be made for specific purchases, services or types of material or for the Library to assign as needed.
- Attend a fundraising event
- Corporate donations or sponsorships – we are happy to work with businesses to develop donation or sponsorship opportunities. Opportunities are also available to support the Library in its new location, set to open in 2024, and the full Muskoka Lumber Community Centre.
Learn more about the Muskoka Lumber Community Centre.
- Donate books & materials
- Book donations: We accept donations of books that are in great condition. We cannot accept: textbooks, magazines, encyclopaedias, or materials that are worn, dirty, or mouldy.
- Puzzles and Board games: We accept donations of puzzles and board games that are complete and are in good condition. We cannot accept materials with strong odours or that are mouldy.
- Equipment: We may be able to accept some equipment donations such as sewing machines, vinyl printers, cameras or other technologies. Please contact CEO& Chief Librarian Crystal Bergstrome, directly to discuss your potential donation.
Contact Crystal by Telephone or by Email.
- Local History materials: We may be able to accept some local history materials for our Muskoka Collection. All local history material donations must be reviewed in advance by Ashleigh Whipp, Community Engagement & Programming Coordinator to ensure suitability for our collection as the Library is not an archival facility.
Contact Ashleigh by Telephone or by Email.
- ALL donations will be reviewed for addition to the collection and/or given to the Friends of the Library Book Nook for resale in support of the library. Not all donations will be accepted due to condition, space limitations, quality or quantity.